How is your Thanksgiving menu coming along? Still deciding on what veggies you'll serve? Well, here's one you'll want to consider.
Done right, Brussels sprouts are divine. And when paired with bacon—oh my! When paired with bacon AND sausage—oh, my, MY! I'll wager now that there won't be a meat-eatin' picky eater who will pass this dish up at the great feast.
To further dress up this roasted veggie dish, I've thrown in baby bella mushrooms and lovely broccoli Romanesco—that beautiful, sea urchin-looking, lime green kin of cauliflower. If you can't find broccoli Romanesco, just substitute with additional Brussels sprouts.
4-6 ounces ground gluten-free SPICY PORK SAUSAGE
4-6 ounces gluten-free BACON
1-1/2 pounds BRUSSELS SPROUTS
1/2 pound BROCCOLI ROMANESCO
1/2 pound BABY BELLA MUSHROOMS
1/4 teaspoon SALT
1/4 teaspoon ground BLACK PEPPER
- In a medium skillet brown sausage until you have some good crispy bits. Transfer to bowl of food processor and pulse until minced. Set aside.
- Dice bacon and add to skillet. Cook until crisp, reserving rendered fat. Transfer with slotted spoon to plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Prepare the vegetables; Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Cut in half or quarter. Quarter mushrooms. Detach florets from the head of the broccoli Romanesco.
- Toss vegetables, bacon, and sausage in a large bowl with 3 tablespoons reserved bacon fat.
- Spread onto baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 35 minutes.